These are the various body types and the specific exercises that are beneficial for each body type:
A pear-shaped body is characterized by a defined waist and wide hips, that’s why the lower body is heavier than the upper body.
- Upper-body exercises – push ups, bicep curls, overhead presses
- Total-body strength training
- Endurance cardio – running, swimming, biking
An hourglass body is characterized by an equally proportioned and curvy upper and lower body with a small waistline.
- Circuit training
- Multi-joint workouts
- Weightlifting with light to moderate intensity
- Cardio exercises at least 3-5 times a week
- Lateral step-up squat presses
- Rear lunge row taps
A straight body is characterized by shoulders and hips that are of the same width.
- Tai chi
- Weight training from moderate to difficult intensity
- Cardio at moderate intensity
- Deadlift overhead press
An apple-shaped body is characterized by wide hips and a round middle.
- High intensity interval training
- Core-centric sculpting
- Rear lunge chop
Please SHARE this article and LIKE our page to support our community!